Singleton + Writer + Book Lover + Moviegoer = Screen Spinster

Welcome to the loneliest blog on the web. I have no words of wisdom to espouse. (why does espouse sound so much like spouse? Is that word trying to rub it into my spinster brain?) Anyway, I don't own a cat. Never will. I don't cook, nor do I sew or knit, but I do spin a yarn (tale) from time to time. I have no domestic talents, I am not a domestic engineer/goddess, nor do I want to be. I'll sometimes post my views on scripts, (mine & yours or theirs) movies, television shows and maybe theatre, along with my own musings usually in the style of a poem. So pull up a rocking chair, sit back as your cherry pie bakes and stay a while if you like.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

On Hiatus from blogging, but not from reading and writing

Two months have flown by since I've written anything here. I decided to break from the net to live a little, so I'm doing homework, reading textbooks, reuniting with grammar and syntax and editing my YA novel (lots of plotting to reconfigure). But I haven't stopped reading for fun. Historical fiction was read (The Painted Girls and The Last Runaway), children books like Jillian Jiggs, Bones Never Lie and Eye of the Crow, and, of course, my obsession with dystopian continues, finished off trilogies like Shades of Earth, Matched, and Bumped, and just finished Prodigy.

I've been to the cinema to catch Iron Man 3 (Tony Stark and Pepper have no chemistry) The Great Gatsby (I still HATE 3D) and Star Trek (Scotty steals the movie)! A lot more to see this summer. Looking forward to Pacific Rim, Superman, anything by Pixar and the movie I am itching to see the most is Before Midnight (I pretend I'm Celine in search of Jesse on the streets of Toronto, but don't tell my boyfriend that).


In the immortal words of the Terminator, "I'll be back."

No comments:

Post a Comment