Singleton + Writer + Book Lover + Moviegoer = Screen Spinster

Welcome to the loneliest blog on the web. I have no words of wisdom to espouse. (why does espouse sound so much like spouse? Is that word trying to rub it into my spinster brain?) Anyway, I don't own a cat. Never will. I don't cook, nor do I sew or knit, but I do spin a yarn (tale) from time to time. I have no domestic talents, I am not a domestic engineer/goddess, nor do I want to be. I'll sometimes post my views on scripts, (mine & yours or theirs) movies, television shows and maybe theatre, along with my own musings usually in the style of a poem. So pull up a rocking chair, sit back as your cherry pie bakes and stay a while if you like.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

YA Fiction: INSURGENT

Chicago. Future. Factions. Veronica Roth continues her dystopian tale. There is civil war amongst the factions and the Erudite are dead set on killing off any and all divergents.

Tris is reeling from the death of her parents and doesn't know how to deal. She has to run and hide from the Erudites who want to experiment on her brain then kill her. Insurgent is a solid part 2 in this trilogy that leads to a big reveal at the end. I did find that the last part of the book was rushed and that too much time was spent on the buildup.

I am looking forward to the third book. I just hate waiting so long in between books.

7.8/10
B+

(Note: This review is short and rather ill written because I am distracted. My friend lent me her Vampire Diaries DVDs and I am hooked on this crap!)

No comments:

Post a Comment