Singleton + Writer + Book Lover + Moviegoer = Screen Spinster

Welcome to the loneliest blog on the web. I have no words of wisdom to espouse. (why does espouse sound so much like spouse? Is that word trying to rub it into my spinster brain?) Anyway, I don't own a cat. Never will. I don't cook, nor do I sew or knit, but I do spin a yarn (tale) from time to time. I have no domestic talents, I am not a domestic engineer/goddess, nor do I want to be. I'll sometimes post my views on scripts, (mine & yours or theirs) movies, television shows and maybe theatre, along with my own musings usually in the style of a poem. So pull up a rocking chair, sit back as your cherry pie bakes and stay a while if you like.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Best Movies of 2011 (that I've seen in the theatres)












BRIDESMAIDS

Laughed my ass off. Loved every minute of it. Strong female characters who are flawed and funny and smart and sexy and stupid too!

THE MUPPETS

They're baaaaack! Great film with lots of funny moments and a sweet nostalgic feel.

HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2

It's the end. A fitting send off to a great franchise. Strong characters and stories that were well told and acted. I'm going to miss this world.

50/50

A sweet gem of a film. Well written. An honest and sometimes funny look at cancer. It's realistic and pulls you in. I laughed and I cried.

DRIVE

Not what I was expecting at all! This was a rush. It took me on a ride that was intense. It had deeply disturbing moments to it.

THE KING'S SPEECH

Colin Firth won the oscar. Nuff said.

SHAME

A very realistic portrayal of addiction and selfish behaviour.

LITTLE WHITE LIES (Les Petits Mouchoirs)

A good French film about a group of friends who are in denial about oh, so many things.

THE ARTIST

A visually lovely film. The plot is simple, but it works because of its look.

MY WEEK WITH MARILYN

See it for Michelle Williams's performance. She was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment