Monday, July 11, 2011
I've been thinking about writing a To-Do list since I read The Single Girl's Guide To-Do List. I have had lists in the past, and carried through on many things on said lists. But I am not that organized anymore and I sort of just let life flow and take me where it's going to take me. Lists have been on the back burner for a long time. I've also developed a huge procrastination problem, and lists are a big no-no :)
How about a list for anyone, boy, or girl, single or married, broke, or not. A list that doesn't discriminate? Hmmmm, let's see.
1. Eat Ice Cream Cake for breakfast at least once a year. Preferably, the day after your own birthday or that of a child (daughter, son, niece, nephew etc). Please don't go out and steal some kid's birthday cake.
2. Visit an art gallery, and when nobody is looking, skip through the gallery like you once did as a kid. (Even if someone is looking, skip anyway. It's not like you'll be back to that gallery)
3. Have a movie-a-thon with friends. Whether it's a Die Hard Extravaganza, or a Pride & Prejudice fawn fest. Invite some friends over, eat candy, chips, and popcorn, and have fun!
4. Walk in the rain without an umbrella, (not a T-shower as you don't want to get struck by lightning).
5. Get a book, and read it in a 24 hour span. Read it while you're eating, lying down, walking, or on the toilet. Just you and that book all day long.
6. Go to a traditional tea party. The Royal York in Toronto has one, or the Plaza in NYC. If money is tight (which it always is) then make your own tea party. (finger sandwiches area a must, or crumpets, but you can hold off the clotted cream if you want)
7. Go to a concert by yourself.
8. Swim in an ocean, or a sea, and if you already have but haven't swum in a lake then swim there. Bays are good too.
9. Play a board game from your childhood. Hungry Hungry Hippo, Uno, Trouble, Sorry...Do it and don't keep score, or if you do keep score, Kick ass in it!