Singleton + Writer + Book Lover + Moviegoer = Screen Spinster

Welcome to the loneliest blog on the web. I have no words of wisdom to espouse. (why does espouse sound so much like spouse? Is that word trying to rub it into my spinster brain?) Anyway, I don't own a cat. Never will. I don't cook, nor do I sew or knit, but I do spin a yarn (tale) from time to time. I have no domestic talents, I am not a domestic engineer/goddess, nor do I want to be. I'll sometimes post my views on scripts, (mine & yours or theirs) movies, television shows and maybe theatre, along with my own musings usually in the style of a poem. So pull up a rocking chair, sit back as your cherry pie bakes and stay a while if you like.

Friday, July 8, 2011

A Poem I wrote for my Best Friend's Bridal Shower!



Annette is getting hitched
It seems she's been bewitched
So come to this anti-bridal party
We can eat hummus and party hearty!

It's going to be in Ajax, (please don't judge)
If you come out this far, there might be fudge
To get to Ajax you can hop, skip or jump
Or you can drive, if you fill up at the pump

Join us in celebrating Annette's love for James
We pinky swear there won't be any party games

Annette's fave colour is purple NOT hot pink
She likes to wear handcuffs made of silky mink (NOT!)
She's registered at Home Outfitters and The Bay
We can chat and nibble on food throughout the day

Come prepared to share with her one piece of advice
And no! Not how to use a birth control device!
Come rain or shine, umbrella or not
It's time to laugh and party a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment