Singleton + Writer + Book Lover + Moviegoer = Screen Spinster

Welcome to the loneliest blog on the web. I have no words of wisdom to espouse. (why does espouse sound so much like spouse? Is that word trying to rub it into my spinster brain?) Anyway, I don't own a cat. Never will. I don't cook, nor do I sew or knit, but I do spin a yarn (tale) from time to time. I have no domestic talents, I am not a domestic engineer/goddess, nor do I want to be. I'll sometimes post my views on scripts, (mine & yours or theirs) movies, television shows and maybe theatre, along with my own musings usually in the style of a poem. So pull up a rocking chair, sit back as your cherry pie bakes and stay a while if you like.

Monday, May 31, 2010

My opinion on Iron Man 2 aka, A great way to Phone it in and rake in the cash



Another sequel that got phoned in. Just because there's a fan base that enjoyed the first film doesn't mean the creators/actors/writers etc. can't give it their all. The plot is paper thin. The so-called character arc of Tony Stark is cliched and boring. The climax at the end between the actual hero and bad guy falls short. Scarlett Johansson is in way over her head to be playing a superhero. Her character of Black Widow is underused but also NOT needed and just serves as filler. I went in with low expectations and came out with even lower satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment